Pages

Friday, 20 December 2013

Production Log: First Draft Complete

This week has also been busy due to today's draft deadline. I wanted to complete as many tasks as I could to my very best so I can receive useful feedback. However I was unable to improve ALL of my research tasks so I shall do that over the Christmas holidays as well as the evaluation. I improved history of music videos, research into a music director and equipment post. I felt they needed improving as they lacked information and images. I have completed my music video and the two ancillary tasks - digipak and magazine adverts. I am quite happy with my magazine adverts and the digipak front cover. However the rest of the pages on the digipak needs a lot of improving. As for my music video, I like the way I have put it together; I may change one or two clips as I feel they have been repeated too many times. However I shall wait for the feedback about that. Whereas for my backgrounds and effects, they can also be improved immensely. Yesterday I discovered some more professional looking effects which I have used towards the end of the video. I was tempted to change the beginning ones as well but was not able to due to lack of time. Some of the effects look too cheap and tacky and don't quite suit the song. I shall work on this over the Christmas holidays as I have downloaded the 30 day free trial for Adobe After Effects. Additionally, I need to fix the first and last few frames as I had added a cross dissolve on Adobe Premiere Pro but when removing the green screen the cross dissolve did not stay the same. So I will need to cut those frames from After Effects and re-import them without the cross dissolve effect. I can then add the effect on premiere before exporting it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment