Pages

Friday, 6 December 2013

Production Log: Ancillary Tasks Coming Together


Production Log: Ancillary Tasks Coming Together from Ruqaiyah K on Vimeo.



TRANSCRIPT
Over the week I managed to fill all the pages for my magazine advert and digipak. I may edit them a bit later on but I have done them overall. I do need feedback on it so improvements will be made soon.



Portrait Magazine Advert

Landscape Magazine Advert

Digipak Front Cover

Digipak Inside

Digipak Inside

Digipak Last Page

I do feel my last page needs improving but I think continuing on my actual music video would be more useful at the moment as I have exactly two weeks today to hand it in. Therefore today I spent my time on the creation of the music video. I am not too happy with it so far. The footage has something or the other wrong with it. The footage from the external location is nearly all blurry. I was lucky to find some footage where I had focused the lens properly. I do blame myself for this as the focusing was under my control however what is done is done. I also feel the whole sari idea was a complete disaster. A few people have already hinted it to me that the sari makes it look too Indian. Also when I look at the footage for the sari, I don't see how it will even fit with whole music video. I may have a few seconds of her dancing around in it but not a lot. I do feel that the only reason its not nice is because of the green screen. Any background I put, it looks really fake. I do understand that that is the whole point of the green screen however looking at other music videos from previous students as well as real music videos it looks so neat, good and real. Another fault is that the sari is a bit transparent so the green screen is still visible even after editing it out. So therefore I have decided to another shooting. I have only gone along with this as my actor motivated me to. I was reluctant in asking her as I felt she will not have time however as she has offered another day out I have taken this opportunity. 
I have decided that I want to do it with the black dress again and also with another outfit; a flowy dress. Additionally this time I will make sure that her hair is near to perfect as last week that seemed like a big problem. This time I want to use a black background with bright lights in the background. I have this booked for Monday, hopefully. Over the weekend I plan on looking at further music videos on YouTube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment