Pages

Monday, 9 December 2013

Production Log: Researching Further Ideas

Over the weekend I looked at a lot of music videos, especially those that were filmed in a studio or has used a green screen. One music video that I really liked and explains how I plan on mine looking is JLS's music video for their song One Shot.



It has a black background with A LOT of lights. However I understand I will not be able to that many lights but with the resources I have available I can create a similar look hopefully. 
However, after receiving feedback on that idea today and mentioning my problem on not being able to edit the green screen out properly on Premiere Pro, I was introduced to another software, Adobe After Effects. After discussing its contents and how much better the software is than Premiere Pro I was then advised to not use the black screen with the lights behind it because I will not be able to edit it whatsoever. Whereas using the green screen I can add any background I want. I also shared my problem of having some clips not in focus so they came out blurry. So I was then shown these bigger cameras that have this feature of auto-focus which basically automatically focuses the scene and this would be so much easier however the only problem was that these cameras did not hold its footage in a SD Card but held it in a film cassette and for me to see the footage on the same day will not be possible as it need to hardware to put the footage onto the computer. And also due to lack of time I was unable to waste anymore time so therefore I have stuck to using the cameras I have been using. When I researched further into what Adobe After Effects can do I realised that a music video does something very similar. This is Selena Gomez's music video for 'Naturally'.




This music video has inspired me and given me motivation as it is similar to mine and doesn't have a narrative. Hopefully tomorrow will be the last day of filming and then from Wednesday I can start putting it altogether. I was told to put it together on Premiere first, then export it and then import into After Effects, break it apart again, edit the green screen out and add in the different backgrounds and effects I want. I aim to put it together by Friday this week and then start on After Effects from next Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment