Pages

Sunday, 16 February 2014

Visual Progression + Image Systems

Visual Progression
When I was planning my music video whilst I was doing the storyboards, I kept thinking of how I was going to visually progress it. To have a music video that visually progresses means that their should be a significant difference between the beginning of a music video and the end of it. Before I started filming, my idea for visual progression was that it would start of slow with longer cuts and then towards the end it would get faster with fast cuts between each clip. However this was before I filmed on green screen. After filming on green screen I realised I had more ways I can visually progress my music video. I could make the colours of the effects more vibrant towards the end. Or I could start of with one colour and then end it with more colours. Furthermore I could start with less exciting effects and then end it with the opposite. But because I didn't know Adobe After Effects that well and I didn't what I could do exactly on it I had to think about visual progression as I edited my music video. Now that I have finished editing it, you can see that I have visually progressed it by adding in more lyrics towards the end. 

Image Systems
My main image system was always going to be solo dance moves. I had the main image system idea from the original music video. I wanted to use the similar hand actions as Selena Gomez did in the original music video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment